- To be a globally recognized authority on the accreditation of international universities, colleges, schools, training organizations and distance education providers,
- To assist institutions to develop into providers of quality higher education, respected worldwide,
- To ensure that all the LES areas of operation are adhered to and the best possible education experience is given to their students.
These will be accomplished by assisting accredited institutions to:
- Implement continuous quality assurance systems,
- Develop comprehensive, internal audit and self-evaluation systems,
- Develop quality, strategic partnerships worldwide,
- Develop strategic, ethical marketing strategies,
- Gain international recognition for their institution and its courses,
- Develop fruitful partnerships with ethical, professional education agents worldwide.
LEGAL EDUCATION IN INDIA
ACCREDITATION OF COLLEGES
Legal education should not only produce lawyers but should be regarded as a legal instrument for social design. The main aims of legal education are as follows:
- To train students for legal profession;
- To educate the students to solve the individual client’s problems as well as to solve the society’s problems in which he lives;
- To provide a centre where scholars might contribute to understanding of law and participate in their growth and improvement;
- To inculcate students with operative legal rules and to provide them adequate experience to apply these rules;
- To point the right road for future development.
Thus, legal education should aim at furnishing skills and competence, for creation and maintenance of just society.
The objectives of legal education may be multi-fold in a developing democratic country like India. They are,
- To develop perceptions and to understand the problems of one’s society and to influence values and attitudes.
- To generate different kinds of skills and knowledge needed for tasks in society.
- To broaden opportunity and mobility in society- notably among groups who may have been deprived.
- To develop research of value to education and society with use of educational facilities.